The National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) today announced the publication of new guidance on COVID-19 vaccines for people with cancer, intended to clear up confusion for patients and caregivers. The new four-page patient guide is based on the latest expert review of evolving evidence.
The newly-published guidance for patients and caregivers covers:
- A brief overview of all approved vaccines in the United States;
- Answers to Frequently Asked Questions;
- The importance, effectiveness, and safety of COVID-19 vaccinations in people with cancer and their caregivers, households, and close contacts;
- An explanation of which specific types of cancer treatments should appropriately result in a slight delay before vaccination;
- And the importance of continued mask wearing after vaccination for vulnerable populations.